Day care schools in Gurgaon
In another era “after-school” meant staying as punishment for misbehaviour when others went home. After-school evolved as a time for both extra help and enrichment opportunities. As the percentage of working mothers rose, after- school programs also became a refuge to keep children of the streets in a safe and supervised environment.
At Lancers World School In Delhi, we work to provide an environment in where all Lancerians will become lifelong learners, who are responsible, disciplined and ethical learners go the world.
Little ICE activities are embedded in the holistic approach to teaching offered in LIS International School In Delhi. The aim is to provide a more specialised programme through various extracurricular activities; Art smart, Mind smart, Person smart, Body smart, Music smart and Word smart.
The research on enhancing student engagement in the classroom or other academic settings is quite clear. Students who are engaged in their learning show greater enthusiasm and concentration on assigned tasks and it in turn creates a more positive attitude toward Top 10 School in Delhi NCR which has a significant implications for the design of project learning experiences. We need to identify what excites students and will promote their interest and involvement.
As we plan activities for students, we consider the following recommendations that support student involvement/engagement. It is not realistic to think you can satisfy all of the recommendations in any one activity, but the more you can include, the more likely students will be to participate and learn.
Select or create activity thoughtfully:
• Purpose—Topics should not only engage the interests of children or youth but have purpose and incorporate knowledge and skills that students need. It is a good idea to consider what the students need to strengthen and to consider how that knowledge and skill is actually used.
• Focus—When thinking about a driving question , brainstorming about potential topics can help focus the question to something doable and worthwhile.
• Authentic—Real investigation should be possible. Data also show that when technology is available, it can add to the richness of students’ investigations.
. Activities should:
• Be challenging—Try to create activities that encourages Best Boarding School In Delhi Ncr students to apply or learn new skills. It is important to that these skills may need to be taught in a mini-lesson. Such mini-lessons should be anticipated and planned.
• Be interactive—Provide opportunities for students to work in groups and share ideas. Often the traditional classroom does not promote as much social learning as a less structured after-school setting.
• Use a variety of skills: visual/auditory/kinesthetic—Students learn in a variety of ways. Providing a range of opportunities and methods for students to express learning will help ensure that all International Schools Of India students can contribute to group projects.
• Be purposeful – Any effort to generate meaning for the products that students produce will further motivate them. Having more than just a grade promotes ownership and pride in the product and strengthens students’
“can-do” attitudes and persistence.
• Integrate skills—As Top Private Schools In Gurgaon students work on a project it is important to integrate the various skills they will use.
Little ICE program has many benefits. It keeps the child entertained as well as busy, and thus prevents children from becoming addictive to television and computers. By giving them ways to burn up their excess energy and explore their creativity, little ICE programme helps to shape the overall personality of the child.
Date : 11-12-2016